Paint-less dent repair is very effective for the following situations:
- from very small to large dents
- generally 1990 model year and newer vehicles
- the paint has not been broken or cracked
- the dent is not near the edge of a panel
- the panel has not had previous body repair.
Unfortunately, not all damage to the body of a vehicle can be repaired with PDR techniques. If a dent cannot be completely removed our PDR service will make the damage almost unnoticeable.
Advantages of Paint-less Dent Repair
There are a number of advantages for paint-less dent repair include:
- no repainting or body filler needed
- less expensive than traditional body repair
- same-day service in most cases
- no risk of paint overspray on other vehicle areas
- no risk of incorrect color matching
- vehicle retains original paint
A vehicle with original paint retains a higher value than a repainted vehicle. Even if it is just a door or a fender, it is always preferable to maintain the original paint on a vehicle for as long as possible.
How Is Paint-less Dent Repair Done?
PDR technicians use specialized tools to push the metal back into its original shape from behind the dent. Depending on the location of the damage, the panel is accessed by removing trim pieces, through window openings or by removing inner panels. In a typical dent removal, the metal around the outside edge of the dent in slowly massaged back into its original position. The dent becomes progressively smaller as the technician works from the outside edge; eventually the dent becomes so small it blends with the texture of the paint and disappears completely. Most repairs can be completed in one to two hours, and many PDR companies offer mobile service to save even more time. Prices vary depending on the location and complexity of the repair. A general range would be $75-100 for a single dent, up to several hundred dollars to repair numerous dents on various body panels. This compares with a cost of several hundred dollars to repair and repaint a single dent using traditional auto body repair techniques.
Call SunGuard Today! 1-87-SOUTH FLA